Emergency Fire Damage Tips
Emergency DOs AND DON'Ts
These emergency tips will assist you in taking proper action until a SERVPRO of Aurora Professional arrives. Follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent spot particles from being embedded into carpet and avoid tracking
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and artwook.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop door open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first consulting your SERVPRO of Aurora Professional.
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpet, rugs or upholstered furniture without consultation.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting with an authorized repair service.